New Friends Made and new stuff from JoAnn's!

Yes, that does mean I have finished Makin' New Friends (well, as finished as it's gonna get)! Instead of french knots, I used black colored beads. I opted not to do all the "beadwork" because I felt it would look better without all the clutter. There should be white and red beads as well on the buttons and one of the scarfs. Here is a pic:



Earlier today, my father and I were out and about and we stopped at JoAnn's so I could get some fabric for a project I am going to start for one of my graduate school classes. I am making a chapbook, of sorts, using my own poetry translated into Arabic. I plan to write the poems in calligraphy and then bind the book in a traditional (as traditional as I can get, anyway) medieval Islamic fashion. It will be a lot of work, but I am sure it will look great when I am done! Here is a pic of the fabric I chose (Yes, that is my kitten, Sandy, "modeling" with the fabric - it's hard to believe she is almost 7 mos.):



I also needed to pick up some seed beads to do the beadwork on Friends and while I was in the needlecraft aisle I got side-tracked by the display of kits on sale (50% off). I picked up three new kits: A Cat's a Cat, Lion, and Dreamkeepers. A Cat's a Cat is stamped fabric, but I will use counted fabric. I am not much for the stamped cross-stitch. Lion is similar to Astral Lions, but it appears the larger head in the sky will be more subtle. Both of those are Janlynn kits. Dreamkeepers is really cute and is a Bucilla design by Kathy Fincher. Here is a pic:

Comments

CindyMae said…
Great new stash! Love the fabric and I can not wait to see that project in the making!
CindyMae said…
Oh and New Friends looks awesome, wonderful work and it looks great with the beading you done!
JOLENE said…
Hi Julie,

I have taken some photos from my book, which looks like a bible, and I wanted to send them to you so you can see the language and some photos of the pages within, but I don't know where to email them.
Great finish. Love the new look you your blog.
Jules said…
Jolene,

I sent you an email from my aol account.
Siobhán said…
Woohoo! Love the finish! Great new stash, too.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway