New Stuff!

I did a little last minute shopping a few nights before Christmas and came upon some cool inexpensive/clearance items at JoAnn's! First, I must tell you that they already had their Valentine's stuff out, so I was a little disturbed while shopping. All that pink! Ugh!! But, as I moved back toward the stitchy stuff, I noticed an end cap display with several cross-stitch card kits for $1.99. I picked up four of those.



Then, I got back to the stitchy area and looked at their clearance stuff and came upon several items that I really liked. I only picked up one though that spoke to the sailor in me.



I looked without much luck for the Learn-A-Craft kits as my niece wants me to teach her how to stitch. I decided to head over to Michael's hoping beyond hope that they still carried kits. And yay! They have them still at that particular location (the one I normally shop in does not carry kits, but they do have all the other bare necessities - and I do mean bare)! I found a few LaC's and a couple of other simpler kits for her (I don't have a pic though as they are wrapped and awaiting to be opened).

At the check out (in JoAnn's) I found the latest import issue of a cross-stitch magazine that I enjoy and picked that up as well. There was a cute reindeer kit included, which I began that night. Here is how far I got:



I also started one of the cards, hoping that I would have 2 of them completed for Christmas, but alas I failed in that attempt! My eyes and hands were just not cooperating after working all day in the floral shop. Here is how far I got on "Joy":


Comments

You have some great bargains. Nothing like a bargain. I like the reindeer you started. Happy New year to you
CindyMae said…
Julie you have won the giveaway on my blog but I do not have an email address for you. Could you please drop me an email to cindymaedesigns@gmail.com

Thanks and Congrats!!
Anonymous said…
Love the piece just passing thru
reindeers are great
Paula
with the thecranberrycupboard.com

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway