A Birthday Card

My niece's 12th birthday is in a couple of weeks and she just loves butterflies. I found this free pattern on Alita Designs. It's called Assisi Pattern 01. I thought that it would make the perfect stitched birthday card for my niece. Here is a picture of the completed design (before being transformed into a card):

This is what the design looks like in the "Pop Art 1" mode on my camera.

See how the color pops compared to the next picture!!!

This is the same design in normal mode.

14-ct. Aida cloth (White)
DMC Floss #746 (3 strands) and #902 (2 strands) for the X
and #310 (2 strands) for the BS
Design by: Alita at Alita Designs


And here is the card:
It took a little bit of doing, but I managed to get everything lined up just right so the entire design would show through the front. Now, I just have to scribe a short poem to place inside and this part of her birthday will be complete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have done a little bit of stitching on my Christmas Design for Yoyo's SAL, but will post an updated picture only when I get the 2nd section done. I am also still planning to start Ink Circles Cirques des Carreaux, hopefully at the end of the month or early February. This in addition to continuing to write my Master's Thesis and looking for full-time work. Not that I am complaining much. I rather like being out of work, but I do have a financial necessity to find stable employ (much like many people in the US and around the world).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a different note. I have noticed on others' blogs that they have unique signatures that are applied to the end of their posts. I was wondering if someone could teach me how to add this to my posts. I like the way the signature looks at the end; I think it gives the post a little something... ;)

And don't forget to sign up for my giveaway! It's just past the halfway mark and there are only 10 comments on the sign up post!!!

Comments

Judy S. said…
Very nice! I printed this pattern and you stitched it! I am way behind on the Christmas SAL...working on wedding projects.
Siobhán said…
Lovely card, Julie!

You can do the signature at www.mylivesignature.com. I know there are other places but that's the only one I've come across.
Shay said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shay said…
I just love the card. I also have been wondering how to add a signature to my post as well..Siobhan thanks for the website.
Jules said…
Thanks everyone!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway