First Finish of 2010!

Well, I finally finished Quaker Medallion and I have to say that I really like the design. Now I just have to decide how I will "finish" the piece. Will I frame it, turn it into an ornament, something else??? I have seen others' Quaker-style pieces and wasn't sure how I felt about them, albeit their stitch work was/is nice. I may have to find some other Quaker-style designs to add to my stash.

Here are a couple of pictures of Quaker:



When I was adding my initials and the year, I started to put "09". I had to remove the stitches and replace with the "10". The first couple of days I was doing great in writing the correct year, now...fa-get-aboud-it! LOL

I also read on a couple of different blogs where the stitcher is looking for ways of storing their floss. Here are a couple of pictures of my floss storage bins:



The first photo shows a couple of drawers open on each, the second one shows them all closed. I found one of them in Michigan, but I can't remember what store. The other one was bought at a local K-Mart. They are generally in the hardware section of the stores, if you can find them. I prefer the darker (black) cabinet as opposed to the lighter (grey) one. You can see that I still have some cleaning up to do with excess floss!

Comments

Love the finishe. You are really organized with the floss. I use art bins 4 for them and place all the DMC in order.. I like yours. Happy New Year.
Carol said…
Lovely Quaker finish, Julie! Wow--you are so organized with your floss storage--looks like a very workable system. Mine needs some help, believe me!
Siobhán said…
Woohoo! Congrats on your first finish of 2010, Julie!
Nice finish. Just happened by and what a nice place to pop in on.
Be always in stitches.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway