Jan TUSAL, a Card, and HalloSAL update

Ok, I am going to start this off with a picture of my January TUSAL update:


I recently found out that my neighbor had a triple bypass over Christmas. She has been in Illinois since Thanksgiving and was scheduled to be home around the 5th of this month. The bypass changed those plans, so I stitched her a card:


HalloSAL part 3 is "in the books". Here are a couple of pictures of it:


Look closely at the bats above the haunted house. I used beads instead of french knots.

I recently purchased a couple of patterns from Cindy over at Cindy Mae Designs, Paw Prints and Catnap Time. I also received one of her lovely Grab Bags of blended cording (although I haven't figured out for the life of me how to use cording - I have a little in the Christmas Design SAL that I am stitching so I am gonna learn soon enough!). Here is a pic:


Thanks Cindy for the beautiful cording and great designs!

Finally, I was really bummed at Christmas when the package my mom sent didn't arrive. I have been looking for it every day (except Sundays and holidays) since. It finally arrived this morning. Here is a look at the goodies I received from my mom, brother and niece, Ariel:


Clockwise from left: Michigan State stocking, Frog knicknack, MSU gift bag, MSU ball ornaments, MSU candy cane ornaments, Froggy pillow (made by my niece), Walmart Gift Card from bro and niece, and The Beatles Anthology.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a pretty card you made for your neighbour. Your SAL is coming along really well! I'm glad your gift arrived from your Mum, better late than never!
Siobhán said…
What a lovely card for your neighbor! I'm glad the package finally arrived for you. :) Great progress on your other stitching, too, and love the new stash!
Yoyo said…
What a lovely card for your neighbor, I'm sure it will cheer her up. I love your Totally Useless Container, so glad to see it filling up again this year. Cool goodies from the family, mail is just taking forever isn't it.
stitcherw said…
Your neighbor will love the card and your thoughtfulness of thinking of her. Great package too, the froggy stuff is so cute (I love frogs). HallowSal is looking wonderful, the beaded bats look great.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway