Off the Blocks, and other updates

Well, I pulled '68 Charger back out the other night and sat for what seemed like hours counting all, yes ALL, of the stitches I had done trying to find where I went wrong. Here is a picture of what it looked like when I last stitched on it before putting it "up on blocks":

It turns out that I was just one measly little stitch off and that created havoc on the rest of the stitching I had completed. So I frogged about 3 rows and then went back to work on it. Here is where I am now:

A very subtle difference, but I have the entire bottom half of the car and the ground beneath it stitched (except for the backstitches). I should be able to have this one completed, shipped, and framed in time for my Uncle's birthday in April. I'll have my mom take it to get it framed somewhere local to them so I only have to send the design. All in all, I am really happy with the way the Charger is looking and may have to stitch one for myself at a later date.

I have also been working on Coming Home for the Holidays and have the second section nearly complete. I opted to use a few beads in the wreath instead of one of the red colors. A picture of that will be posted in a few days.

For now, here is a picture of what I have completed so far (well, as of earlier this afternoon anyway as I have done a bit more since then):

I have also decided to kit up The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy by the Cricket Collection. One would think that I had all of the DMC floss that it calls for, but no! And, I need to purchase the SilkN floss that is called for. I don't know if I want to use substitute DMC colors or not at this time. I did look around on the internet trying to find SilkN retailers and found that they cost $7.00 per skein! For someone on a fixed income (i.e. unemployed student), that is a lot of money. The chart lists DMC equivalents for the SilkN, but some of the colors are already used elsewhere. Here is a picture of the chart that I purchased last fall:


I am still waiting for my fabric and floss to arrive for Ink Circles Cirques des Carreaux. Still hoping it arrives in the next couple of weeks, but I am not going to hold my breath. I have time...

Comments

Annie Bee said…
Lovely pic of your Charger and Coming Home.
CindyMae said…
Both of your stitching progress's are looking amazing!! Beautiful work!
Carol said…
Great progress on both pieces, Julie! And I can't wait to see you start on Pumpkin Conspiracy--it just makes me smile :)
Terri said…
Love your pics they are great. Your stitching is wonderful :)

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway