A Bit of Sunshine on a Rainy Day!

Thank you so very much, Cole, for this lovely award! It has certainly brought a bit of sunshine to this rainy (stormy) Sunday in Central Florida.

The rules of this award are:
  1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post.
  2. Pass the award to 12 bloggers.
  3. Link the nominees within your post.
  4. Let them know they received this award by
    commenting on their blog.
  5. Share the love and link to the person from
    whom you received the award.
So, for the 12 to whom I will pass this on! I am finding new blogs all of the time that are interesting to me and may be interesting to others. For this, I will pass along to as many of those newer ones as possible.

  1. Confessions of a New/Old Homeowner
  2. Joanie's World
  3. Kate's Crafty Blog
  4. HeartFelt Originals
  5. Decor to Adore
  6. Loretta's Stitching Blog
  7. Olenka's Stitches
  8. Seasons of My Mind
  9. Sprinkles
  10. When Good People Get Together
  11. X Stitchin' Away
  12. Sylvia's
Several of my choices are not necessarily stitchy related, but they do share other interests of mine. Please check them all out at your convenience. You never know what you may find!

I have been working a little bit on The Great Pumpkin, but I fear my plan to finish this weekend are unfounded. Maybe mid-week will see the finish. I am planning to make it into a pillow. I don't have enough edge to frame it properly and really don't know what else to do with it so as I was stitching last night I thought it would make a nice throw pillow. Plus, I think I have the perfect fabric choices already in my stash so I may not need to go shopping for that.


Oh, and I received my first postcard in the Postcard Swap that I am participating in! It is from Oklahoma. I have driven through parts of Oklahoma and have an Uncle who was born in Enid, OK and a couple of cousins who live in or near Tulsa. It's a beautiful midwestern state! I am so glad to have found this exchange as I love postcards!!



Until then...

Comments

Parsley said…
How sweet of you. Thank you for mentioning me and the award.

I'm happy you got your postcard. We are in SE Oklahoma so are a bit of a drive from your family. Lovely place to live.

I hope to be posting on my new stitching project soon.
Anonymous said…
Hi Julie,

Congrats o the well deserved award! I know a few of the blogs you are passing it on to -- great choices!

Thank you for participating in the postcard exchange and for the sweet shout out. Your card is on its way! I posted an update on the exchange:

http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2010/03/25/going-postal/

Deborah
Olga said…
You've got a beautiful picture.
Congratulations on the award and thank you so much for passing it to me.
have a lovely day,
Olga
Erynne said…
Julie,

Thank you so much for my first award! It really brightened my day! Have a super monday!

Erynne
Jodie said…
Hi Julie!

Thank you so much for my very first award, this is exciting! I'm so touched that you thought of me and my blog...I'm excited to go over and post about it now :-)
Carol Mae said…
Hi Julie, I would love to exchange postcards with you. I will email you shorty. Your blog is very nice, We used to have a red Charger just like the one you crossed stitched. Boy that car flew!!! yikes!!. Have a great evening, Smiles, Carol Mae
Victoria said…
Thank you for nominating my blog! What an honor! I have been a huge slacker this week and haven't gotten around to nominating my picks as of yet but they will be posted soon!

Thank you again and keep up all of the creativeness! -V
Siobhán said…
Congrats on the award! What a neat post card. I've never been to Oklahoma but Toby Keith is from OK... and that's ok with me. ROFLOL Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway