Butterflies and Pumpkins

I must confess I am so used to DMC floss that trying something new made me a bit nervous. The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy calls for several SilkN, by The Thread Gatherer, colors and therefore I purchased (all but one of) them while at Silk Road Needle Arts in St. Pete a few weeks ago. I finally started using them and have found that I really like them a lot! I believe the owner made a comment something like "You're in for a treat!". LOL!!! Here is an update of where Great Pumpkin stands:


The (brown) fabric you see in the background is actually a quilt I have had since 2001. It is falling apart at the seams and I have been trying to find somewhere to get it repaired. I love it so much!

I have also done some more work (and will go back to it in a little bit) on Butterfly and Shamrocks Wreath . I have almost completed the butterfly and will move on to the wreath part next. I am trying to save the middle, where the saying is, for last since it contains so much backstitch. Here is a picture of where I left off a little while ago:


We have been getting deluged since yesterday morning. There has really been no break in the rain, but the thunderstorms seem to have subsided for now. There was a tornado within 2 miles of my grandma's in Lacoochee, FL and one the took part of a roof off the house across from my aunt's here in Zephyrhills, FL. Around 3:30pm, Sandy started crying loud and hard. I thought she may be in trouble. Turns out, it was the tornado going over us as my aunt called shortly after 4pm to make sure we were alright. We live in mobile homes, and not the newer models either. Ours is from the 1970s. Not a great combo in this kind of weather. Anyhoo, here are some pictures I took while the tornado went over us (no, you will not see a funnel as I didn't even know we had one until my aunt called, LOL):

This is the view of the back of the shed from my room.

This is the same with focus on the window itself.

This is the same window around the time a gust of wind forced
my window to crack open as I snapped the tree to capture the wind.

I will leave you with a find that I picked up at Michael's recently. This was in their clearance "As Is" bin just outside the entrance.


Check out the price sticker in the upper right corner!!! I couldn't resist it.

Comments

Janet said…
I've had my eye on the Butterfly and Shamrocks Wreath, but I have too many WIPs right now. I look forward to watching your progress.
Anonymous said…
I love working with silks too! What awful weather you've been having there, I hope it's calmed down a bit now. You certainly had a bargain with the frame, it's lovely
Siobhán said…
I love your WIPs! I love working with silks. I hope your weather is getting a bit better!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway