Happy Memorial Day

This post is a tad early, but I felt the need to share with you now. I have been seeing a lot of images and posts about Memorial Day! I am really thankful for all of those who have served or are serving. I am also thankful to have served my country. Anyway, here is a link to some background information on the holiday. Please take a moment to read through as it is pretty interesting! 


Have you been watching the movies on TCM this weekend (Edgar probably has been, lol ;D)?! I haven’t really watched them, most I have seen sooo many times already. However, I am watching one of my all-time faves, Mister Roberts. I remember the first time I watched this movie as a teen (of course it’s always been in reruns since I am still in my (late) 30s). I fell in love with it! Henry Fonda and James Cagney are just hilarious – and Mr. Cagney does make an incredible Commanding Officer on the USS Reluctance. While none of my Captain’s were like his character, I did serve under an upper enlisted who was strikingly similar in attitude. Oh, those were the days! LOL


Another movie, a spin-off if you will, that I thoroughly enjoyed was Ensign Pulver. Yes, it’s a movie based on that character from Mister Roberts! I only wish Netflix had it as I would love to see it again! I could go on and on about these two movies, but I won't. I have to say that Mister Roberts is a must see if you haven't! I will say this - I love how the ship's company, Ensign Pulver especially, gets back at the Captain! That poor palm didn't see it coming!!!













I also want to give a reminder to sign up for my giveaway!


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway