SOS, May Day, Help...

Well, I was hoping it wouldn't come to this, but I need a little help from all you stitchy peeps who read my blog. I recently received 3 needlepoint pieces that are incomplete. One of them is a Bucilla kit called "camellias" from who knows when. Fortunately, I don't think anything is missing other than the needle, lol. What I really need help on are the other two. I only received the stamped fabric for each. No charts. No floss. So here's my dilemma. I need to know what they are called and how I can go about replacing the chart and/or floss for each. I am going to have to Woolite them for a period of time as they are stained. I know they are salvageable in that regard. I would like to finish them...well, start them over and finish them, as the existing stitching needs to be removed ever so carefully. Here are some pics:

First up is one from Dimensions dated 1990:


Next is one also from Dimension dated 1991:


And here is the Bucilla:

Comments

Erna said…
Sorry Julie I can't help you but they sure are lovely :)
Hugs
Er
Carol said…
Gosh, Julie--I'm clueless about needlepoint...but how nice that you received these. The little girl with the flowers is particularly appealing! I'm sure someone will be able to help you out :)
Judy S. said…
What if you wrote to the company and asked them? Maybe they keep an archive of their projects? Good luck!
Jules said…
I may wind up doing just that, Judy! BTW, I got the postcards today. A big thanks- as always!!!

I did spend some time on eBay as well with no luck.
Anonymous said…
I was thinking the number that is stamped before the company name where the stain is will be a big help. I couldn't make it out completely, what does it say?

They are sure pretty!

Ann Flowers
flowerscrazyq@gmail.com
Leeland said…
Well... The stamping looks great, the stitching on it leaves me speechless. Better like that I guess...
Sorry I can't help (know the way to the trash bin? lol!) but Ann Flowers' suggestion sounds sensible.
Hugs,
Lili
Marcy said…
Hmmmm, I'm not much help but I will wish you "Good Luck" in your search. Do you have a LNS nearby, they may be able to help.
Jules said…
Yeah, I tried doing a search using the number on the one with no luck. I think they are very out of print, haha.

The stitching is NOT mine, thank the Lord! I received them partially stitched. Part of the reason I plan to find the frog and let him at them. LOL ;D
Siobhán said…
Sorry Julie, I can't help. I only admire needlepoint, don't know anything about it or have any stash to be able to help. Sorry! Good luck with it.
Jules said…
Just wanted to let you all know that I finally found the names of these two pieces. The one with the girl is called "A Basket of Blooms" and the cottage is "Country Retreat". Both are crewel (something I have never done). Now I am dealing with Dimensions/Wilton to get the instructions. Fingers cross they will come through, otherwise it's off to purchase the kits.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway