The Itsy Bitsy Spider…

…went up the water spout!

Thank you so much, Gen, for sharing your great designs this week! I really enjoyed stitching up Itsy Bitsy Spider:

PA093636
16-ct Dk Yellow Aida fabric using recommended DMC Floss.

Instead of using 2-ply floss on all stitching, I used 3-ply of DMC #310 (black) and 4-ply of DMC #498 (red). I also added a tip to the candy corn. I am not sure yet how I will finish this piece, but am leaning towards a pin pillow or ornament. I only wish I would have thought about picking up some glow-in-the-dark green floss today and restitched that area around the eyes. It would have been cool! Maybe I will stitch it again with some glow-in-the-dark colors!!


Thanks, again, Gen!!

I did make a little change to my previous post to include the link to the design so those who may want it can get to it. Also, I am marking my stitched pieces counting towards the Great Pumpkin Challenge (2010 Finishes in right-side bar) in Orange.

Comments

Sylvia said…
Totally cute. Nice job stitching.
Sally said…
Another cute finish! Who knew spiders could be that cute! Lol!
Gen said…
You're welcome Jules! ;) Great job ! I've been wondering if I had to add a tip to the candy corn but finally, as I couldn't decide, I didn't... lol
Carol said…
Your little spider is adorable (can spiders be adorable!!??)... Thanks for the like to Gen's site, too.
Judy S. said…
Two cute finishes. I love them both!
Erna said…
What a cute little scary spider
Hugs
Erna
Siobhán said…
What a cute finish!
Jules said…
Thanks everyone!
Leeland said…
Great! I love your idea of glow in the dark thread and as I haven't started it yet, I might "borrow" it. Hope you don't mind.
Hugs, Jules!
Lili

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway