Coming Home progress

Well, I decided to work on Coming Home for the Holidays this week and will continue working on it until the end of the month. I found a groove and P1284657don’t want to put it down yet. Here is a picture of where I last left things:

 

 

And this is what it looked like yesterday before I picked it up for the evening:

P3255072

And this is what it looks like now:

P3265075P3265076

What’s really cool about this piece is you can really see the dimension in it. I noticed this last night while speaking with my mom on the phone. The small room on this side of the house just popped out at me. It’s not something I have really noticed before, but WOW!

 

 

I will update you all on this again at the end of the month!

I do have a question to pose to all of you stitchers: What is the best way to stretch a piece before framing? If you look at some of the pictures, you can see where it is warped because silly me didn’t know to take it off the hoop/q-snaps when not working on it. Surprised smileI know it will need to be straightened somehow for framing, but not sure how to go about it. Thanks for any/all answers.

Until then…

Comments

Sylvia said…
That is looking so nice! Lots of work though. LOL
Sally said…
Wow that looks amazing!

I'm afraid I have no tips on stretching or straightening. Are you able to wash it when you've finished it and maybe try straightening it while it's damp?
Linda said…
That looks wonderful!
I don't use a hoop on cross stitch so I never have that problem, but maybe washing it may straighten it...Have you tried going on you tube for a tutorial...there's tons of ideas on there.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway