I haven’t disappeared

Although I feel like I want to at times. I have been working on some pieces over the past week. However, I don’t have pics to share with you yet. I will get them posted as soon as I can catch my breath. Between dad’s doctor appointments this week, taking care of household chores I normally don’t do (like cook meals, clean kitchen, and dad’s laundry) and working everyday for the Easter holiday, I am pretty tired. Now, I am not saying that I am a terrible cook or housekeeper. I just choose not to do those things if I don’t have to, lol! Dad enjoys cooking, and he’s a fantastic cook on top of it, so I gladly let him. He asks me or I choose to from time to time, but for now I have been told that I am wearing the cooks hat. Fair enough! As for the housework, you can’t tell it’s even been done for more than a day, so I kinda gave up on it a long time ago (like 6 months after moving in here). The carpet is disgusting and so old it needs replacing. The kitchen floor never stays clean enough. Let’s not even start on the walls and cabinets. I think I need to do a super good spring-type cleaning when my dad goes in for his first chemo treatment.

Speaking of, dad’s chemo will be inpatient over a 2-3 day period. That’s the only way Medicare will cover it. This means I get to take him to the hospital and pick him up every other week for 12 cycles of chemo. That’s why the first treatment will be the perfect opportunity to do this. I am also contemplating asking my sis to come over and help me. Let me just say that my dad is SOOOOO worth all of this right now. I can’t stand the thought of losing him yet. It’s just too soon. So I will suck it up and act like a grown up while he goes through treatments (which should begin the week of Mother’s Day or the week after). 

By the way, I went to the store earlier and brought home some cupcakes. Dad said "Alright!!!" Guess he wanted some too.

Until next time…with progress pics…

Nee ner Nee ner Neeee Neeeeer!

Comments

Parsley said…
CUPCAKES! haha

I do hope your Dad gets better and better. I can imagine the stress.

Hang in there.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway