A Crazy Bit o’Progress

Well, I am slowly getting back into my stitching projects. Still not completely feeling it, but I am forcing myself. Dealing with this depressive episode this summer has been a bear – and I mean A BEAR! I haven’t been this low since my divorce in 1998. However, therapy every other week is helping in spite of the change in doctors. And I am going to church again (just wish there were some singles in my age group there, lol!). All in God’s time!

Onto the stitching…P8055477

I finally finished Lincoln’s roof and started on some of the tree to the top right.

 

P8055480I am so near completion of Washington’s Monument that I can almost taste it.

 

 

 

P8025475

Last, but not least, I framed Try to Relax and gave it to a friend of mine the other day.

He asked why and I said “I told you I was gonna do this!”. I think he appreciates it. It’s not the only piece I am giving him. He is a history buff like me and I figured he was the perfect person to give the Civil War piece I finished a couple years ago. I plan to finish it into a throw pillow. I know he will really enjoy it.

I need to put some serious work into the larger projects in my Crazy rotation, so I may wind up working on them quite a bit this month, so long as my mojo picks up!! Hope everyone is enjoying their summer wind down!

‘til next time…

P7165437

Comments

Teresa said…
You are making wonderful progress on your pieces.
I think this heat has put us all in a funk.
Teresa's Heartfelt Stitches
Jules said…
Thanks Teresa! Actually, mine is more of dealing with my dad's cancer and a lot of emotional crap from years ago.
Jennifer M. said…
Great progress Julie! Your projects are coming along nicely. It looks like your mojo is coming back slowly but surely.

Jen :)
Lana said…
Great progress!!! Those are looking great!! Hey, I was wondering if maybe one day when you are feeling up to it, would you wanna do an SAL on "Coming Home for the Holidays"?...Just curious! Let me know!! And lots of hugs coming your way. Depression sucks, I know! I have been there! And I still battle with it on and off...this summer has been pretty rough for me too! Feel better soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway