As promised…

I just put the final stitches into Abraham Lincoln’s Birthplace Sampler and took a picture:

IMG_1682

Abraham Lincoln’s Birthplace Sampler

By: Barbara Bangser for The Posy Collection

14ct Charles Craft Ivory Aida

DMC Floss Included in kit

And this is what it looked like when I visited the National Historic Site in 2005:

Because this building is so old, the Historic Society has preserved it within a concrete structure to keep the weather and other elements out. Unfortunately, I only have the one picture of the actual house, but it gives you a view into the history of the Sampler!

The other part of this NHS is his boyhood home in Knob Creek:

Of course, you can’t just visit one part of this park and not the other, so I made a day of it and visited both locations. They are approximately 10 miles apart, but well worth the visit!

Town Square Statue

Until next time…

Comments

I love the history that goes along with some stitching pieces, it ties everything together.
Nice job and thanks for sharing.
Be always in stitches,

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway