My Security Blanket

Growing up, my mom used to tease me about my “bu bankey”. It was my security blanket, and I was very much My brother and I under bu bankeylinuslike Linus from the Peanuts cartoon. I carried that blanket everywhere and I sucked my thumb, LOL! I am not too proud or embarrassed to admit that fact.

I think I have grown and am enjoying “My (new) Security Blanket” almost as much as I did “bu bankey”. Here is my progress:

P1216938

If it hadn’t fallen apart, I think I’d still have that damn blanket!

~~~ Until Next Time ~~~

Comments

P.J. said…
That is so sweet. My girl still keeps the baby Mickey Mouse blanket with her. The only place it has not been with her is Navy basic and tech school training. She had me mail it to her as soon as she got to her permanent station. She sleeps with it under her pillow. I love that about her. Great profess, can't wait to see this as it grows. Love the flash back photo, too cool.
P.J. said…
Profess=progress
Mii Stitch said…
Nice little update! I used to have a Teddy Bear called Oscar :) He ended up in a sad state with hardly any fur & his head had to be sew back on :) I still have it at my mum's :)
Unknown said…
I,too, had a teddy bear, but my mom took it away from me. I can still remember it 60 years later. My oldest son had a stuffed elephant which now resides in a closet in his home in Maine. I think that the two younger ones just had each other because they were so close in age. DGS has a Winnie the Pooh and DGD has two blankets. Now that you know my life story, I did want to agree with you on this crazy hobby being a wonderful blankey! And, you made great progress.
Lana said…
Cute photo! Great progress!!
Anonymous said…
Hello

A lovely start, I'm looking forward to watching it grow.
Doing great!

Jennifer
Feathers in the Nest

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway