Praying Hands by Yiota’s XStich … product review

I recently got a new cross stitch kit and I think this is the one that will get me outta my stitchy funk! The pattern is called “Praying Hands” and it is gorgeous; more gorgeous in person than what the image on the website show’s!
Ordering product online, as we all know, can be a bit challenging. Personally, I prefer brick & mortar to online shopping (and that’s if I go shopping at all as I am not much of a shopper). However, not all brick & mortars have what we may be looking for. Step in, Yiota’s XStitch (www.yiotas-xstitch.com)!
When I browse for patterns that may strike my fancy I keep in mind the different themes available. Lately, I have been looking for something more religious in nature. I happened across Yiota’s and saw “Praying Hands” and just knew I had to have that pattern.P5257566
I really like how the package arrived in my mailbox. It took about a week to get from the UK to my home in the USA (quick by postal standards). Yiota took care in assuring the package didn’t get bent not just by noting the outside of the envelope, but using a cardboard based one to keep solid.
Inside was the goodies…
Now, we have all ordered from online shops, different items; possibly several at once. When packages arrive, they sometimes are a mess inside. Even buying kits from a brick & mortar can be sloppy with threads twisted around and such. Not this one! As you can see by the image (above), all of the floss needed is included in the kit but not just that…they are all in neat rows on their respective bobbins/winders! She did this by using tacky paper, which doesn’t seem to fray the floss at all. Cool trick in my opinion!
Of course, fabric and needle are also included in the kit!
The chart is clear enough to distinguish between symbols used and in black and white so it doesn’t hurt my eyes. I have found that color charts tend to be bothersome as the colors start to run together.
I am planning to start stitching on this pattern this Memorial Day Weekend! I will share a post on Monday of my progress!!!
Visit Yiota’s XStitch (www.yiotas-xstitch.com) for a large variety of patterns/kits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway