Attraction

I haven't posted in several days, especially stitchy updates. I haven't stitched in over a week mainly because I was fighting a bad wicked bad cold. Yeah, I captured the bug that has been going around. I am on the mend and hope to get back into a stitching mode soon. But for now, I want to speak on a topic that has been on my mind lately: Attraction.

What is attraction? According to Merriam-Webster (online), Attraction is...

1
a :  the act, process, or power of attracting
b :  personal charm
2
:  the action or power of drawing forth a response :  an attractive quality
3
:  a force acting mutually between particles of matter, tending to draw them together, and resisting their separation
4
:  something that attracts or is intended to attract people by appealing to their desires and tastes <coming attractions>

The type of attraction I want to talk about is the first definition. What causes us to be attracted to someone or something? There's a saying that says "opposites attract" much like polar opposites. For instance, we learn in school that opposing sides of a magnet will stick together while the same sides will not.
Why is that? In relationships, we tend to attract similar- or like-minded people, yet in romantic relationships something in our chemistry makes us attracted to opposites. Much like the picture to the left, it has to do with the poles, I think. No, not the poles of the earth, but the poles that center us.


Ok, another way to explain this is more personal. I tend to be highly attracted to men who are educated, intelligent. I enjoy deep conversation with the man in my life; although I may not have one in my life right now. I made a conscious decision that the man I am supposed to be with is the man God has intended for me, so I wait. And while I wait, I continue to find myself attracted to someone and not completely understanding why. It was almost an instantaneous attraction on my part. LOL...I keep hearing this song in my mind as I type this post, so I have to share with you "Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul.

I digress. This person has no idea (or maybe does) of how I feel in part because I don't want to reveal it at this time. I am still trying to learn about myself and my place in this world as God has planned. This isn't the first time I have been attracted to someone. And like I stated already, it's all about the mind. I'm lucky in a way because I have some friends, and you here, to bounce this off of. Not for feedback, but to just get my feelings out. Maybe try to figure out if this is genuine or from a deeper place. And then not knowing how the feelings would be reciprocated...if they even would be.

Of course the most difficult thing for me is to not show my hand too soon. I tend to do that and then lose out on what could be a great friend.



 

Comments

stitchersanon said…
I do believe that we are meant to be with someone but I dont necessarily agree that we just wait. What if we wait, and wait and in our mission to wait until we get a sign, the one we are waiting for passes by? I met my hubby when I was determined to have a particular kind of life partner. He would have a particular look, a particular style and even height..mainly because I had been badly burned in the past. Luckily, my wall of 'ideals' which I had put up to protect myself were bashed by my husband who simply wasn't going to take no for an answer until I agreed to that first date. Many, many years later we are more in love than we were even in the early days though he tells me he wanted to marry me from the second date. Sucker for punishment; I was horrible to him. He is not in anyway fitting with my ideals..but he made and still makes me laugh every day. Took a long while to break those walls down bless him.
Stop waiting. Don't do what I did: make impossible goals. Have some fun. Make friends. If it is meant to be it will happen but sometimes we have to help it along a little bit, even if just a smile. Good luck (and I hope you dont mind me commenting)
Jules said…
I don't mind you commenting at all and thanks for the encouragement. I have talked with a couple of ladies at church about this topic and we prayed on it that in God's timing, if this is His will, it happens...and soon. I am not a patient person when it comes to matters of the heart. I tend to be the one to make the first move.

I've been toying with the idea of seeing if I can get someone to put a bug in his ear and feel him out. Sounds kinda childish, but it is what it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway