Too Much Going On

There is just way too much going on in this country right now. Too much hate. Too much division. Too much anger. Too much destruction. Too much, period. I am disgusted with how certain groups want to just "cancel" our country's history; good, bad, and otherwise. I am a historian. I am a veteran. I love America. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (yes, I know it's the title of a Clint Eastwood movie, but it holds here). 

I spoke with my mom today and she told me that she was pretty much called a racist because she didn't agree with all of these monuments and such being removed. I'm sorry, my beloved family, but it is a PART OF OUR HISTORY! Get over yourselves. I cannot believe how utterly close-minded you are that you would belittle your mother/grandmother over something like this. No, she doesn't agree with slavery. No, I don't agree with slavery. Of ANY kind. But it happened. It's part of our history. Hey, did you know that those human beings that came over from Africa were SOLD BY BLACK AFRICANS to the white slave traders? 😲 I bet you didn't. Do some research. Learn the real history and NOT just what they want you to know.
Note who's carrying the gun and who's in chains
Note who's carrying the guns

I got off on a little tangent, and I do apologize.

So, I am disgusted by the "snowflakes," the "cancel culture" lovers who want to remove our history as if it never happened. They don't want a reminder. You don't have to visit those places. Really and truly, you don't. I mean, what did that piece of concrete and plaster ever do to you? Your attitude towards our history is like me saying I want ALL of the MLK streets renamed back to their original. Or, let's remove ALL of the MLK monuments and any others depicting famous African Americans, Native Americans, and Hispanic Americans (sorry Ariel if you're reading this. I do love you very much, but I am just making a point here) so those who are offended don't have to see them and be reminded. No, I am not one of those people offended by MLK. He was an incredible man and made great strides for change in this country. I love that he is remembered! 

If I can't have my history displayed, you can't have yours.😒 (yea, a bit childish, but that's how you are behaving)

CHAZ, oops, I mean CHOP, REALLY!? C'mon Mayor of Seattle! C'mon Governor of Washington! Get your heads out of your rear-ends and reclaim your city! Why on earth would you allow this to even happen? Sure, Michigan has wanna-be Hitler, but I don't think even she would let a city fall to a group of terrorists like this. Are you kidding me?

You don't have to agree with me. We all are allowed our own opinions. I only ask that you respect mine as I will yours if you comment to this post. Thanks.

America is doomed if the Radical Left keeps allowing crap like this to happen.

America is doomed. 😔

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway