Unsure...ramblings

They say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade. What if those lemons are just pure hormonal bitterness? How do you deal with those lemons? 

I find myself going through so much change right now that it's difficult to keep my emotions in check. I turned 50 this year! That's a big one!! I have lost 35 pounds since last September. Big accomplishment for me. It helped getting a kick I needed to start doing it. Still, a long way to go toward my goal. 

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.

My emotions get in the way. One change I had to make for myself was titrating until I was completely off a certain medication. Let's just say while I refuse to start taking it or anything similar again, it has left me feeling even more unfocused and my thoughts just racing. I have to learn to deal with these symptoms of the bigger picture a different way. One verse in the Bible stands out...

Although, I think it's more than anxiety causing the emotional upheaval at this point in my life. Just nature's way... 🤷‍♀️

I ask God for help and answers. 

I know that I have wasted many an hour worrying about things. Trying to keep my emotions in check. And yet I keep getting the same two words that seem to calm me best: Be Still.

I have to learn to stop fighting against God and start allowing Him to work in and through me. Only He can quiet my chaotic mind. Only He can protect me from troubles I am facing. Only He can save me from my innermost thoughts and fears.

Be still..Still... exalt Him!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway