Astral Pillow!

Well, I broke down and purchased a real sewing machine (not a hand held that I was hoping would work). I managed to get the pillow made for my niece. While it has been awhile since I have used a machine, I have to say that I didn't do half bad. The only complaint I have is the bottom (thank GOD I decided to close the bottom right side out instead of the top). The sewing looks awful in some areas, but that is mainly from the little amount of fabric I allowed for. OOPS!! Lesson learned: leave a lot of fabric for things like this.

Here are a few pics of the completed project (in all it's glory):



The backing fabric I used is actually an old pillowcase from a twin size sheet set that I no longer use (got me a queen size bed earlier this year). I thought it worked well with the deep yellow. I just hope Ariel likes it! :)

Comments

Siobhán said…
Your niece is going to LOVE it!
Yoyo said…
You can not possibly have finished this already -- it is just gorgeous. Congratulations on a beautiful finish! As long as I've been stitching and Ive never been able to get my needle to smoke that fast, love it, love it.
Jules said…
Yoyo, I don't have a job and am a grad student part time, so I have TONS of time on my hands. Unfortunately. :( I am sure once I get a normal job again that I will not have nearly enough time to do my stitching.
Lana said…
I want one! I want one! =) That is absolutely beautiful!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway