Edited Date to keep on top! Well, I have completed my list of what I want to stitch from my books and magazines and found that there are four (4) magazines that I have no reason to keep. So, for my very first ever giveaway, I am offering to you, my readers, a chance to win one of these fine magazines: The World of Cross Stitching (Jan 2005 - also includes a pullout Giant Mr. Men chart of the Alphabet), Cross Stitch Crazy (Feb 2005), Sampler & Antique Needlework (Spring 2009), and JCS (Mar/Apr 2009 - a duplicate that I received after purchasing a copy in the store). I have included pics of the covers of each of these magazines. I also have a progress update on Quaker Medallion . I am nearly finished with the stitching, should be done tonight, and will decide how to finish (i.e. frame, ornie, etc) it over the weekend. Here is a pic: I bet you're wondering how to enter this giveaway! Well, here are the simple steps to take for a chance to win: Post a comment here letting me k...
On October 1, 2008 I decided to jump on the blog bandwagon! I really didn’t think it would last this long. Nor did I think I would make friends through this avenue. But it has and I did! I have been busy trying to settle into my new life as an independent woman and missed my blogoversary this year. For those of you who don’t know, my father passed away in September after a battle with cancer. Thus gaining my “independence”. Anyhoo… The holidays are here and I thought I would have a little giveaway to celebrate the season and my 4 years as a blogger! No hoops to jump through here! Just leave a comment on this post. Here are some of the goodies I plan to include: a holiday stitched piece by me a holiday related scissors fob something to keep you warm during the cold winter months and something else to be decided So there you have it! This giveaway is open to all of my followers, old and new. Your last day to enter will be Sunday, December 9th at 5pm EST . I am putting a time on ...
…went up the water spout! Thank you so much, Gen , for sharing your great designs this week! I really enjoyed stitching up Itsy Bitsy Spider: 16-ct Dk Yellow Aida fabric using recommended DMC Floss. Instead of using 2-ply floss on all stitching, I used 3-ply of DMC #310 (black) and 4-ply of DMC #498 (red). I also added a tip to the candy corn. I am not sure yet how I will finish this piece, but am leaning towards a pin pillow or ornament. I only wish I would have thought about picking up some glow-in-the-dark green floss today and restitched that area around the eyes. It would have been cool! Maybe I will stitch it again with some glow-in-the-dark colors!! Thanks, again, Gen!! I did make a little change to my previous post to include the link to the design so those who may want it can get to it. Also, I am marking my stitched pieces counting towards the Great Pumpkin Challenge (2010 Finishes in right-side bar) in Orange.
Comments