Va-rooom, va-rooooom!

The '68 Charger takes the lead!

The original picture



I am so very happy to say that this piece is finally done!!! I put the final stitches in it this evening. Here are some pics:

Completed product - "Auto Focus" setting
"Pinhole" Setting - this is showing the colors closer to what they really are.
"Pop Art"  setting - just wanted to give you a vivid look!
Notice the front end of the car. I personalized the license plate with my Uncle's name.

Now, it's got to be sent to my mother so she can get it framed and deliver it to her brother on time for his birthday. I really hope he likes it!

Now, I think I will either work on the Christmas Design SAL a bit, or prepare the fabric and begin the Ink Circles Cirque des Carreaux. Hmmmmm.......

Comments

The is very pretty. It looks better then the picture.
Parsley said…
It would be a hoot to stitch a gift for my husband...maybe a mustang.

Great job.
Judy S. said…
Looks like you've been stitchin' up a storm lately! Nice work. I really like your scissor fobs!
Lainey said…
Great finish Julie, I'm sure your uncle is going to love it.
Anonymous said…
You are very talented. I'm sure the recipient will be thrilled.
Thank you for joining the Postcard Exchange Link Party. I cannot locate your email address. Please email me at Deborah@FairfieldHouseNJ.com or leave it in my comments area.

Deborah
Siobhán said…
Woohoo! Congratulations on the finish!
Jodie said…
Hey Julie, thanks for the link, your blog looks great, and I'll be following it faithfully :-)

The pic of this car is awesome, such a cool project!!

Kate
Sally said…
Wow what a fantastic finish!
Shay said…
this is amazing!!! He is just going to love it
Unknown said…
Thanks for the email. That is so cool, my youngest would love it. Is that the Dukes of Hazzard car too, my boys love the dvd's of the old series. Maybe '69, it sure would pass for it. I cross stitch too. I'll have to share some of them on my blog one of these days.
How cool! Now that is the art of juxtiposition!! A muscle car in cross stitch. How cool.
Jules said…
@ karla: I never would have thought of that! LOL But it is so true!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway