Updates

Well, I decided to start the Butterfly Shamrock Wreath from "The Cross Stitcher” magazine (April 2010 issue). I really like the way the butterfly is looking so far, just not the many, many color changes. Here is a picture of what I have started:

P3062001

Stitched on White 28ct Charles Craft Linen

using Recommended DMC floss


I also want to share an update on my design for the Christmas Design SAL over at Yoyo’s. Here is a picture:

P3062003


After taking the picture last night, I settled in and did a bit more stitching on it. I now have some of the horse filled in and some of the dog as well as more of the half-stitching across the middle of this section. I will post another picture when this section is complete.


I received the 5th part of the HalloSAL that I am participating in and hope to work on that mid-week. We’ll see how it goes. I am hoping to leave the last week of March for some card inserts since I wasn’t able to get to them last month. I also want to put a little more work in on The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy. I feel like I have neglected that poor little design.

Comments

Lainey said…
Great wips Julie. Love the new blog look.
Judy S. said…
Love that butterfly! Your Christmas SAL is coming right along; it's very detailed, isn't it?
Jules said…
Thanks! Yes, it is very detailed and tonight I noticed that the frog may have to pay me a serious visit. The darker color in the snow is supposed to be "Light Blue Purple" and not the "Blue Black" that I used. I misread the chart in a big way and am bummed about what to do...change it or leave it. Changing it would mean frogging several areas from sections 2 and 3. Leaving it would mean the coloring would be off throughout the remainder of the design. I tried going over the darker color, but that didn't work too well.
Siobhán said…
Great progress on your WIPs, Julie!

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Turn!!!

Farewell Daddy 3.8.1949 ~ 9.5.2012

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway