Blue Moon WIPocalypse Update ~ August #2

What a week this has been! I have done some stitching on Cirque des Carreaux this week and I can say that I am almost halfway through the 3rd page (of 6). I am not going to put this one off like I did Coming Home for the Holidays as now I am on a time crunch to finish the latter  (more about that in a bit). Anyway, here is my progress report:

The Gardeners

IMG_2569

Cirque des Carreaux

IMG_2571IMG_2572

As you can see, I have gotten a little bit more in since my last post a few days ago.

This past week has seen the beginnings of what will be some dramatic changes in my life. My dad has been in the hospital little more than a week now. His cancer has pretty much taken over his major organs and he is now living day by day until the Lord takes him home.

We are hoping he will come home this weekend to live his final days but the doctor’s still want to see some more stability before that can happen. The week has seen a little more than 2 gallons of fluid drained from his stomach. While the doctor’s gave him less than 3 months, realistically we are looking at less than 1 month because of the rate he is retaining fluid. For those who may not understand, when the body begins retaining fluid it is because the organs are trying to shut down. He still has a little fight in him, but I can tell he is ready for this phase to be over. God willing, dad will go peacefully and with as little pain as possible, when HE is ready to bring him home.

In the meantime, I will enjoy what time we have left in this physical existence, know that he is always with me, and look forward to the day when we are together again (selfishly, I hope that is a loooooong time from now).

So, I anxiously am trying to finish Coming Home this weekend so that my dad may enjoy the finished piece for even just a little while.

Comments

DebbieSFL said…
My prayers are with you.
Kathy A. said…
I am so sorry to hear about your father. I hope his suffering is short.
Sending hugs and prayers.
Katy said…
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers
I am so sorry to hear about your father' s situation! Sending my prayers!

PS: My mom got cancer almost 5 years ago - ovarian - related organs have taken by operations. Since then she is getting better and still with us! I hope and pray for you to get the same result...

Hugs and many prayers
Terri said…
Hugs and prayers!
Cath said…

Thinking of you , and hoping for lots of stitches to make the time pass a little easier and get the finish for you and your Dad. XXX
Mountain Ash said…
Thinking of you and yours, and sending big hugs at this difficult time.
robindefender said…
So sorry about your father. Your stitching looks beautiful

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway