Veteran's Day 2013

First and foremost, a salute from one veteran to another: Happy Veteran's Day!

Secondly: a big WELCOME to any new followers!! I am happy to count you among my bloggy friends.

Many don't know the history of Veteran's Day, so I am sharing a link with you.

I haven't been stitching this week, but plan to round out my holiday weekend with a few stitches. More to follow at a later date.

I have some busy weekends ahead of me this month. This weekend is a holiday weekend, but I also attended a birthday party for my little 5 year old 2nd cousin.


 Today there was a Turkey Shoot in town, so I participated in that event. It was a fundraiser for Operation Outdoor Freedom, an organization helping wounded veterans get back to enjoying the outdoors. The highlight was of course the parachute jump. The diver was from Skydive City (right here in Zephyrhills) and he had an American Flag as part of his jump. AMAZING!!! While I am not brave enough to jump from a plane, I do love watching divers!





 

Comments

Catherine said…
Sounds like busy, fun times!! Loved seeing the pics!!
cucki said…
Aww sound like a fun day
Hugs x

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway