Tests...

*Disclaimer: not looking for sympathy or anything here. Just sharing my experience of the past week.

For the 3rd time this year, I have come down with that awful cold. It began on the Thursday before Easter. Probably even the couple of days leading up to that one. You know the one that starts off with a scratchy throat. Anyway, I went to the drug store before work that morning to pick up OTC drugs for the symptoms. By Easter Sunday I should have gone to the VA Hospital but figured I already had an appointment there on this past Thursday so it could wait.

The symptoms seemed to be subsiding, but I did go to "sick call" at the VA Thursday morning before my appointment. Got some antibiotics and an inhaler (just in case I needed it) and went on to the MRI lab. I am severely claustrophobic and this was my first ever MRI. By the time I got out of that tube 30 minutes later I was trembling. I still had one more stop to get xrays done. No, the labs had nothing to do with the visit to "sick call". They were planned as I injured my lower back in 1993 while in the Navy and nothing has been getting better in that department.

I found out the results of my MRI yesterday: arthritis in the spine and bulging discs in the neck. Now I know why I have had so much pain in my neck since last summer. OUCH! Next up will be a consult to the neurosurgeon to determine course of therapy/treatment. Hopefully no surgery.

Needless to say, I haven't felt like doing much of anything the past week. No stitching. Very little reading. So no significant updates.

Now, if this darn cough would just go away, lol...



 

Comments

cucki said…
Sending you big hugs dear..
Love xxx
Heather said…
No sympathy, just wishes for better health for you soon.

Also: MRIs are an awful experience. I had two in one night and told my doctor I would never, ever have another one.
Terri said…
I had 2 bulging and 1 herniated discs in my neck quite a few years ago. We tried everything - drugs, PT, traction, and shots - none of it worked. Finally had to have surgery (it was outpatient!) and I am SO glad I did! I still have a small amount of pain now and then, but if I do my exercises, I do pretty well. I hope you have a good outcome from whatever you decide to do, too!
Stitching Noni said…
Oh my goodness, I feel for you
Big hugs and wishes that you start to feel better soon ;)
Hugs x

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway