Fun, fun, fun…

…’til my daddy takes the T-bird away! Well, in theory at least. I will be getting my Lumina’s repairs completed over the next week or so. I am hoping to take a short, self- reflective, stitchy retreat to a hotel somewhere between Daytona Beach and Melbourne, FL within the next week or so as well. I need the break from my dad, and he probably needs a short one from me. I just wish we could get the T-bird registered and insured again so that I can drive that and get rid of my Lumina (car, not van for those of you car-fanatics).

This weekend has been a shopping weekend for me. The IRS gave me a nice little refund again this year (it pays to be a student, I say). ;) I set aside half for my car and gave myself a $200 USD budget for all things stitchy. I think I went over by about $50 USD, but that is alright. Some of it went into tools that I won’t have to replace anytime soon. :D Here is a run down of the latest acquisitions:

    • We R Memory Keepers Crop-a-Dile (pink handled, but that’s alright this time – not a pink person)

    • 2 pkgs of eyelets

    • 2 pkgs of Pellon Fusible Interfacing 15” x 3 yds (now I just need an iron)

    • 2- 3ct pkgs of LoRan Cross Stitch Project Cards. (I really like these to sort my floss)

    • Dritz 45mm Rotary Cutter

    • Shape Cut cutting mat

    • 1 pkg of Bugle Beads

    • 2 pkgs of Flower and Leaf bead blends (1 purple, 1 blue)

    • 1 pkg of Lavender Resin round beads

    • 1 box of Glass Beads in Blue

    • 2 pkgs of Metal Rings (I am gonna give the Twisted Stitcher’s Floss Tag tutorial a try)

    • 1 pkg of 26 gauge Silver copper wire

    • and, some really gorgeous fabric. Here are a couple of pictures of the fabrics:P2221852

      I really like the fabric that I have 2 of. It really stood out to me. JoAnn in Lakeland, FL has some really incredible fat quarters and remnants in their bins. Except for the cutting mat, that’s where I did my shopping Sunday.P2221861

      For the Floss Tags, I wonder if I can substitute acid free card stock for the acid free mat board? Any thoughts??

      I am almost finished with my 3rd  section on Yoyo’s Christmas Design SAL. Here is a picture of it:P2221888

      Next up is HalloSAL. I am hoping to get part 4  completed over the next couple of days. Then I will work some on Charger and Great Pumpkin Conspiracy.

      Ann over at Crazy Q Corner is having a blogoversary giveaway. Be sure to check out her blog and all of the wonderful projects she is working on!

       

      Comments

      Siobhán said…
      Wow, nice spending spree! Beautiful stitchy progress, too. :)
      Annie Bee said…
      Great stash and I don't think it would matter substituting the acid free card. Love how your Christmas SAL is coming along.
      drea_dear said…
      e-mail Vonna with your ? about the card stock - she's great about getting back to people, and somehow she KNOWS when someone has followed her tutorial and will pop up and comment. :) You can also take a look at Staci's floss tag tutorial (Snippets & Stash) - it's really easy.

      Love the red fabric! Have fun with that!
      Judy S. said…
      Your Christmas SAL is amazing! Mine is coming along very, very slowly. Looks like you had a fun shopping expedition!
      stphen said…
      well i really liked the last painting, what a beautiful print. well very nice post
      Anonymous said…
      Oh my!! What a great shopping spree you had! Enjoy your new stash

      Popular posts from this blog

      Holi-versary Giveaway!

      It's My Turn!!!

      Memorial Day~~~Giveaway