Packages and Stash

*Edited to add links to a couple of blogs listed below*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today began with my cat, lovely cat that she is growing up to be (please note the sarcasm behind this), waking me up yet again before the sun came up. She does this by getting on my printer, pressing a button, and watching the paper come out as it tries to make copies of nothingness! I love her to pieces, but enough is enough!! LOL...

Here are a couple of pictures of her.

The first is from when she first came home with me last August.


The second was taken last night as she was playing in my bookshelf. Ain't she a cutie patootie!

To those of you who are anxiously awaiting your prizes, they were posted this morning and should arrive to you before March 1st. I say March 1st because a couple of them, albeit priority mail, are international and may take a couple of extra days. Please let me know when they arrive!

And this afternoon my dad and I went on a little adventure looking for a couple of LNS's that were recommended to me by a quilt shop in Temple Terrace, FL. The first stop was to The Crafty Framer in Largo, FL. When we arrived, around 2:30pm, they were closed. Now, if you look at the home page on their site, you will see that their hours are from 10am until 6pm Mon-Fri. What gives?!?!?!

Next stop was Silk Road Needle Arts (hopefully this link works better for you...open it in Internet Explorer and NOT Firefox) in St. Petersburg, FL. The gentleman that owns the shop was very kind and assisted me in finding what I needed. They have a huge, I mean HUGE selection of floss, designs, and painted canvas. Their website is devoted to the canvas work, but let me tell you, I could spend hours in the cross stitch section alone. From outside, the shop looks small, typical of the storefronts one would find in an older town, but stepping inside and seeing all of the goodies and just how much they pack into their shop made my heart do flip flops. In addition to the Prairie Schooler, Shepard's Bush, Just Nan, and others, Silk Road carries Plum Street Samplers, With My Needle, and a few others I recognized through your blogs! Lovin' it!!!

Here are a couple of pics of my goodies:


I managed to pick up all but one of the SilkN floss that I need for The Great Pumpkin Conspiracy. I also picked up a quarter of Opalescent White 28ct Cashel linen and Dusty Miller 28ct Wichelt-Perim linen (18" x 18").


In addition to the above mentioned, I picked up 5 new charts: Leapfrog by The Needle's Notion, My Security Blanket by Patricia Allison Designs, Olde Sante Claus by Schoolroom Samplings, Quaker Turtles by With My Needle, and Historic Tall Ships by Stoney Creek Collection.

I will be returning to Silk Road in April when I have a bit more cash available, hehe. :D I will also try to get inside Crafty Framer at that time as well. However, I think I may call them ahead of time to make sure they will be open.

Comments

Lainey said…
Your cat is really cute. Enjoy playing with all that wonderful new stash.
Carol said…
Aww...I love your kitty, Julie. I would love to have another, but my husband is allergic :(

Great stash haul!
Barb said…
Jules your puddy tat is just the cats whiskers absolutely gorgeous. I have always wanted one that colour ,we did have a black and white and a tabby, brothers, felt a bit silly calling Rocky and Rambo in!! DS was Stallone fan at the time. Rambo was scared of his own shadow so a more ill named cat was he. SUPER stash thanks for the comment on my blog . We have some sunshine but not a lot of warmth.
Hugs Barb
Jules said…
Thanks y'all! When I adopted Sandy last August from my vet her name was "Mickey James". For the life of me I can't figure out why anyone would name a cat that. LOL :D

My dad was with me at the time (as he was loaning me the money to get her) and when he first looked at her he said "Her name is 'Sandy'"! He said the coloring reminds him of sand. I figured since he was kind enough to loan me the adoption fee, I would let him name her appropriately!

She is a stinker though! I should have named her 'Spaz'!
Annie Bee said…
Those cat pics are really cute. I bet you had so much fun in the Silk Road Needle Arts touch all that beautiful silk.
Anonymous said…
What a cute kitty, it's hard to be mad at them for long when they're as cute as that isn't it (having been woken at just before 5am this morning with a kitty nibbling my nose I know exactly how you feel LOL).

Enjoy your new stash , seeing your pics reminded me that I have Quaker Turtles in my stash
Siobhán said…
Your cat is adorable! Enjoy the new stash.
stitcherw said…
What a cutie, and she looks like she knows it too, LOL. Hopefully she decides soon to sleep in later so that you can get a bit more sleep too. They do get better about that as they get older. :)
Wonderful stash you got, I see lots more lovely projects for us to admire in the future.
Sue

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway