Progress on July 4th

Here are a couple of progress pics on the July 4th design I am currently stitching:




This was how far I had gotten as of mid-week last week.




This is where it stands as of last night.


It’s going much slower than I thought it would, but I am enjoying it nonetheless. Thank you for the adorable freebie Paulette’s daughter Breanna! I am contemplating making it into a small pillow.


In other news…


I recently found out that I am officially published. One chapter of my thesis was chosen for publication in an academic journal. I did not submit for publication purposes. It just so happens that my thesis prof is also the editor of this journal and asked if he could include it in this year’s publication (it’s only published once per year). Of course I said yes!!! Here is the link to the Virginia Review of Asian Studies journal in which my Chapter 1 is published. It is the first article on the House of Wisdom.

Comments

C said…
Congratulations, Jules. I love counted cross stitch but don't do it as much as I used to.

Your work is exquisite.
Lainey said…
Your wip is looking great Julie and congrats on getting published!
Oh, I love your July 4th, kinda has a great meaning to me. We did not quite make it to Mt. Washington this year but the intention is there for the future. Thanks for popping by and adding to the fun of our holiday.
Be always in stitches.
Lisa Clarke said…
Way to go! I'm glad I'm not the only one working on July 4th stuff after the 4th! LOL! Congrats on being published! What an accomplishment!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway