Never Forget, Always Remember

That is something that we have lived with for 9 long years now. Following are some clips from the web:

United Flight 93 Memorial rendition




For me personally, this event triggered my PTSD to the forefront of my life. I have dealt with this illness for more than 15 years fairly successfully keeping the symptoms at bay. On September 11, 2001 those symptoms came back, however temporarily. Two nights prior to this event, I dreamed of a plane crashing into a tall building. I didn’t think much of it as my dreams can be rather strange at times. I was also a bit under the weather at the time so I thought maybe it was just the cold playing havoc with my subconscious. On the morning of the 11th, my mother was driving me to Ann Arbor (MI) to the VA Hospital ER. As we got closer to the Ann Arbor/Detroit area, I noticed semis pulled over all over the place. Well, being so close to the Canadian border, my first thought was drugs. I had no idea why security was heightened at the VA either. While waiting to be seen I heard chatter about some plane hitting a building in New York. When I was finally seen, the doctor asked me if I heard any news lately. I told him what I heard and was then told that the WTC was hit by aircraft. I still had no reaction to what I was told. Then I got home…


The first thing I did was turn on CNN to find out what the heck the doctor was talking about. The first image I saw was of a jet crashing into the 2nd Tower. That was exactly how it played out in my dream 2 nights prior. I immediately shut down emotionally and watched as everything unfolded albeit several hours later and in replay. I now understood the semis being pulled over and the heightened security at the VA. I finally had to tell my therapist about my dream because it haunted me, and sometimes still does, that I had a premonition about this incident. I learned that many 1000s of people reported similar dreams/premonitions. I know that following my instinct and letting the authorities know the morning after my dream, the day before the event, would have led nowhere, but nine years later, I still wonder “What if…”.


May God, whoever He is for you, comfort your souls and may you continue to rest in peace.

*******************
On a cheerier note, I am working on my PIF and will show a picture once the recipient receives it. Keep a lookout!

Comments

Chatty Crone said…
You are so right - we will NEVER forget. The eagle crying - whew.

The initials of your disease - I am not sure what that is - but I hope you feel better.

sandie
Jules said…
Sandie, PTSD stands for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. I was diagnosed with a mild form in 1995 and again in 1998.
Sylvia said…
Jules, I am so sorry to hear about your PTSD. I find it amazing that you had a premonition about 9/11, but your are right, no one would have listened to you and done anything about it. BTW, congrats on passing your masters thesis.
Siobhán said…
((((((((((((((Jules)))))))))) I know how hard it is to remember that day--though we can never forget.
How odd you had a dream about that. I have dreams that are like movies and I remember them clearly. I haven't had anything like that. Trust in the lord, he heals all.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway