SWAP PARTY!!!

OK, so I am a wee bit early, but I do have a great excuse! I promise!! You see, we in the floral industry have these pesky things called busy seasons. This week happens to be one of those so I thought I would get my post out a bit early.

I got a great surprise from our lovely hostess, Parsley (aka Deena). Wanna have a peak at what she sent me?!!? I know Sandy did:

PB093714

Ok, here’s what I received:

PB133719

In no particular order: a pumpkin cookie cutter, pumpkin salt & pepper shakers, a beautifully stitched fall pillow “Fall Mums”, some pumpkin ribbon, See’s candies, a table cloth with hand-embroidered frog “Hoppy Fall”, Pumpkin Spice candle, pumpkin scissors fob, several skeins of floss (DMC and the Caron Collection), 16ct Beige Congress fabric, The Pampered Chef’s Spring/Summer 2009 Season’s Best Recipe Collection, Twisted Threads Itty Bitty Forever and Ever chart, Marilyn Leavitt-Sonblum’s A Gathering of Roses chart, The Sunflower Seed’s Sunflower Welcome chart, Elegant Designs’ The Blackeyed Susan Garden chart, Lynne Nicoletti’s Fortune Teller chart, Christmas Tea from The Porch (Danville, IN), and of course a Beanie Babies Frog named Smoochy from the Beanie Buddies Collection!

I love every bit of it and it dawned on me that all of the charts are floral themed. How cool is that!!!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU so much Parsley for the wonderful package!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you remember, I was also involved in a Christmas Biscornu/Ornament Exchange over at the Stitcher’s Showcase. Here is the one I sent to my exchange partner:

PB063707PB063709

I used the Snowflake Coaster design taken from Happy Holidays in Cross-Stitch (Vicki Blizzard and Barb Sprunger, eds.). This is stitched on 14ct Red Charles Craft Aida with White DMC floss. I pulled the center together with White Mill Hill Seed Beads. On the front are our initials and the reverse is the year 2010. You can see LindaM’s comment here.

And, from LindaM, I received this cutie pie:

PB133716PB133717

Isn’t this biscornu ornie cute?!

 

 

 

 

OK, that’s all for now! I am making progress on my Christmas SAL Coming Home for the Holidays and will post some pics later in the week. This is a busy week for me at the flower shop so I may not get back to this here blog until Thursday!!!

Until then…

Comments

Prairiemaid said…
Looks like Mz Parsley did good! I'm just kidding, she always does great things and has excellent taste.

Hope you aren't too busy to enjoy the holidays! I used to work for a florist. I understand.

Blessings,
Cheryl
Parsley said…
You are so sweet. I am glad you liked the items I sent. Hoppy Fall, my friend. And...thanks for joining in the swap.

P.S. Are you going to 'name' the little stone orange frog or the Beanie one? ;-)
Jules said…
Oooh, Parsley, I so forgot to mention the little stone one as he is sitting on my desk. I am thinking his name will be Toad or Buddha. He kinda looks like a bull frog so either would be appropriate, lol! The Beanie Frog is already named. According to the attached tag, that is! His name is Smoochy.
Sherry said…
Wow your package from Parsley is so full of wonderful things. This swap was fun and it is great to meet new bloggers this way. Your ornament exchange looks like fun too.
dee begg said…
You got some cool things. I guess you like frogs? LOL! This was a wonderful swap for everyone. I had better get posting my pictures...

Have a lovely Thanksgiving.

D
Mollye said…
Oh I had fun looking at all your things. What a great swap this was.
Lumiruusu said…
Thank you so much for the lovely gifts I received!I feel so blessed!
It was all so amazing with so many angels ,I will treasure the lovely box with a poinsettia on it.
It is very useful for keeping my WIP.s there.
I will start to stitch
the Mill Hill-kit very soon..
Emily & Scott said…
I love the stuff Parsley sent you!! My favorite would have to be the Beanie Baby froggie!! I love froggies!!!

Have a great Thanksgiving!!
Dogmom Diva said…
Jules, wow Pars aka Deena outdid herself..I knew she was talented but nice to see just HOW talnted..so much fun to get a swap box, isn't it?? enjoy!
Barb

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway