Made it to Michigan Safely!

Ariel was so excited to open her gifts last night. She had been waiting ALL day. When we were a couple of hours away, my mom called and asked if we could open gifts last night when we got in because Ariel wanted to. So, that's what we did! My grandma used to make afghans until her arthritis got real bad. This is one that she sent with us to give Ariel:

And these are the goodies that I received for Christmas:

L-R: A frog bookend, 2 packs of DMC floss (variegated and light effects), an MSU hot/cold tumbler w/ lid, 1 pack of Embroidery Needles (sizes 1,3,5), 2 packs 14ct White Aida cloth, and a cute little metal frog made from nuts, screws, bolts, etc!

Here is a closer look at the metal frog:

Metal frog playin' the sax! He's made from nuts, bolts, screws, etc.
If you want to see some of the pictures from my travels north, click here.

I hope everyone had a Very Merry Christmas! More to come later in the week.

Comments

Parsley said…
How nice! Seems like you had a nice Christmas.

'Hoppy' New Year. ;-)
You got some great things for Christmas!

I really love your metal frog. How creative that was.
Siobhán said…
I'm glad that you enjoyed your Christmas!
Lumiruusu said…
Hello Julie!

You get lovely stitching goodies at the Christmas.
I love all sort of variegated threads DMC,Anchor or hand dyed they a so useful and work very well at the monochromatic patterns.
The Mill Hill kit you gave me at the Christmas Gift Swap is now finished,it was so much fun to stitch it :) :)
Actually it was my first Mill Hill kit ever and I will defenetly stich some more of those.
The finished ornament is now hanging on my Christmas tree and the beads are sparkling so beautufully on it..
Have a Blessed New Year,
I am so happy to have you as a blogging friend! :)
Doris Sturm said…
Hello - I'm your newest follower - thanks for commenting on my blog.

That afghan Ariel is holding is so beautiful and the frogs are so much fun. I was going through a frog phase a while back and still think they are very funny.

I used to catch them out of the pond when I was a kid growing up in Germany...now all I see is mostly the little green tree frogs. They are so cute.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway