Coming Home…

Well, I spent much of the past week working on Coming Home for the Holidays. Here is where things stand as of March 31st:

I really like the 3-D effect this house gives off!!! I am determined to finish it in the next month or so (you’ll understand why after reading all the way through this post).

I have since picked up Abraham Lincoln’s Birthplace and will work on it today while visiting my dad at the hospital. I’ll share pics tomorrow!

Speaking of…he had his surgery this morning finally. They removed a tumor from his colon and strongly feel it is colon cancer. They also biopsied some spots on his liver. My world feels like it’s crashing down, but I am hoping we caught it early enough that he will recover. I’ve been kinda preparing myself for this news but hoped it wouldn’t be. We will know the test results mid-week.

Comments

Doris Sturm said…
Your Coming Home needlework is fantastic - I love those kind of sceneries - they make me feel so comfortable and safe!

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I will definitely remember him in my prayers and hope that they did catch it early so he'll be ok!
Sarah Beth said…
Praying for your family. Coming Home is awesome looking. Sorry your dad is going through such s rough time.
Sylvia said…
I am so sorry to hear the news about your dad, and I pray that he is going to fully recover.

Your stitching is coming along beautifully.
Erna said…
Ohh Julie so sorry to hear about your dad.I'll keep my fingers crossed this week and hope his results turn out better then you think...
Your stitching is wonderful, I envie you I just can't find the mood for bigger projects...
Erna xx
Jules said…
Thanks everyone! Dad is in good spirits now that he is awake and alert.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway