Forgotten Finish?!

I was uploading some finished projects on Stitcher’s Showcase and realised that I didn’t share a finish from last month. Without further ado, here is my finish of Pincushion Pillow from the October 2011 issue of the Gift of Stitching:

IMG_1784

I don’t know how I forgot to post this photo on my blog, lol! Some of you have seen it on Facebook and have helped me pick the backing fabric. For those of you who missed it, the overwhelming choice was that shown in the upper left corner!

I still have to finish it into a pincushion pillow. I may spend Christmas weekend working on some finishing in my stash.

Haven’t done any stitching this week mainly because I am too tired. My job is keeping me soooo busy and I am loving it. I might pick something up this evening and do a few stitches. We’ll see…

On the DAD front, he finished chemo last week and has his CAT scan on the 20th of December. We will find out shortly after that if the cancer has spread or went into remission. The oncologist has been optimistic all along they can get it into remission. They do have him tentatively scheduled for more chemo if needed. Otherwise, he will have to take the chemo pill form for the remainder of his life. If you remember, back in April he was diagnosed. They were able to remove the cancer cells from his colon/intestines but not the liver.

~~~Until next time~~~

Comments

Catherine said…
Very pretty finish! Continued thoughts and prayers for your dad.
Jennifer M. said…
This is really pretty. I love the thread color you used. And I agree, the fabric in the upper left corner is perfect. :)

Jen
Mindi said…
I'm glad your dad is doing better and his oncologist is optimistic. My father just had surgery for prostate cancer, and hopefully things will go as well.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway