September WIPocalypse Update

Well, here we are at the end of another month and season. Well, the season ended a few days ago. Here in Florida, it still feels MUCH like summer and will for several more weeks. One of the biggest reasons I moved to this state, other than family, is for the warm temps year round. I do miss the fall color changes at times and the new crispness in the air as cool weather approaches, but nothing beats being able to wear shorts and tank tops year round, lol.

But, I digress…

Over the past month, I have lost my father (as many of you read about earlier in the month) and put many stitches into a few pieces. Here is my progress for the month:

IMG_2671P9286362

Medallions. I finished page #2 (I started with this page as well, so I still have 1, 3 and 4). For the year, I used 3 strands of floss instead of 2 and added a stitch between the “0” and “1” to fill in the space a little better. I will have this finished by the end of the year!

IMG_2673

Cirque des Carreaux. I am just about halfway through page #3. If I work steady on this piece, I could have it finished by the end of the year.

IMG_2672

Coming Home for the Holidays. I so wanted to have this done before my dad passed, but alas that did not happen. I was soooo close! I am still going to try to complete it by year’s end including cleaning it, pressing it and framing it. I miss you daddy and I know you enjoyed watching me progress on this one!

The past few weeks have been everything from sad to surreal. While I may not be used to being alone for some time to come, I am working toward finding that peace within and taking everything one day at a time. Sandy and Abu look for my dad, but seem to be coming out of their grieving process. Sandy has been playing more, which is a good sign!

Hope everyone is getting ready for the fall holidays with much gusto! I have decorated a tiny bit and will share pics of that later.

~~~Until Next Time~~~

Comments

Dear Jules,
Each of your works looks just gorgeous!
It is so obvious that it is the hardest time for all of your family members! But it is life and you just faced the unchangeable reality of it! Unfortunately, it could be happened at any moment for any of us!

Good to know you've got back into your daily routine again!
I am wishing you a great weekend to you!
All my very best
robindefender said…
Your stitching looks great.

I am so sorry for your loss.
Nicole said…
Your Cirque looks gorgeous! I have it in my head to do all of them at some point... I also love your Medallions!
Dani - tkdchick said…
I'm so sorry to read about your father. In the last few weeks I know 4 more people who have lost a parent in the last month.

Your WIPs are just lovely!!?
Sara said…
Lovely progress you have on all projects :)
And I'm so sorry to hear about your dad :( I imagine it's a hard moment for you and your family... but I'm glad to hear that your getting back to your routine...
Big Hugs
Catherine said…
Your projects are beautiful! It is so hard losing a parent...sending hugs and prayers your way.
Marcy said…
Great progress on your projects. I love the white on blue of Medallion -- very pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway