New Year, New Me?

I've spent the last year working on myself. Trying to figure out who I am, what I value, what my goals are for the future. This is no easy task, believe me. What I have figured out, as we start 2014, is that I have NO CLUE who I really am. I still place too much value on family and friends and not enough on GOD. I am not the type of person to make New Year's Resolutions, therefore none were made for 2014. However, I do have some goals in mind for the coming year and we will see just how much progress I really make.

These are in no particular order. I will just type them as they come...

Goal #1: Get below the 200 lb mark (currently at 234.4). I lost 25 lbs late 2012 and early 2013 but gained most back when the depression set in during the spring. My ultimate, desired goal is to get back to the 130 mark if not lower. I felt my best at 110.

Goal #2: Get my own life. As previously stated, I spend too much time trying to get family and friends to spend time with me. Which leads to ...

Goal #3: Keep out of their lives. It's their life! Let them fix it!! I am tired of being the one who everyone comes to when they have a problem and when I need them they cannot be bothered. As I recently stated, I am tired of the "It's All About Me" attitude. Fix your life! Get right with God!! He knows what's best for you.

Goal #4: Improve in my job. No, this doesn't mean change jobs for better pay. Just improve on what I currently do.

Goal #5: Purchase a home. This means selling daddy's place for the wee bit I can get.

Goal #6: Spend more time in the WORD with GOD.

Goal #7: Finish at least 3 WIPs/UFOs. Yeah, this is a biggie as they are all larger projects. Coming Home for the Holidays, Cirque des Carreaux are 2 of the 3.

I may move this over to a page of it's own at some point more or less to keep progress. In this case, I can also add to the list as things come to mind.

I hope you all brought in the New Year in a safe and fun way! I will be heading to South Tampa later today to cheer on my Spartans in the Rose Bowl!!

GO GREEN! GO WHITE!! GO STATE!!!



 

Comments

stitchersanon said…
Thoughtful stuff: a lot of goals there and I hope you don't mind but sometimes it is good just to be happy with who you are. Good luck with your goals if you feel you need them and have a very Happy New Year
Jules said…
Totally agree, stitchersanon! Totally agree!!
Happy New Year. Goals are good. One day at a time. sometimes its good to put yourself first.
Lana said…
You have some awesome goals!!! Hey! Did you wanna pick up our SAL again on Coming Home? Let me know. E mail me! I have another question for you as well. I am praying for you!! You can do all things through Him!!! Be strong! And know I'm here if you need me! Hugs! Have a wonderful blessed new year!!! Filled with all the freedom and grace and joy that The Lord is waiting to bestow on you!!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway