WIPocalypse: A Stitchy Catch-Up

wip_button3 I know I have been away for a little while. It's been a busy couple of weeks. I have managed to get some stitching in and am here to post my WIPocalypse progress. But first, a little bit about my stitching habits.

This month's question is How many projects do you generally feel comfortable having in progress at a time? Tell us about your one-at-a-time or rotation habits. Well, I have had up to 20 projects going at one time. Let me explain this.

A few years back (2011) I joined a Crazy Challenge SAL where we started a new project each day for the first 15 days of the year. In addition to those projects, I had a few others going. I liked that each day of the first 15 each month was devoted to one project. That gave me the rest of the month to work on others. You'd have to go back through my archives to see the progression each month. So, I guess the best answer is I am comfortable having a selection to choose from and rotate on a regular basis. However, the past couple of years I have found myself stitching whatever strikes me and when the mood hits. I don't have any particular method to my stitchy madness. :)

And now for some progress (you may have seen some of these already, but this is a look at the last month in one snapshot):

"The Gardeners"



As of 2.16.14


"Coming Home for the Holidays" (SAL with Lana at A Joyful Stitcher)


That's all I worked on in my WIPs pile. I spent much of the month on The Gardeners in hopes of getting it completed by the end of January. Alas, it wasn't meant to be. 

I also completed 3 bookmarks for Pastor's Appreciation Month at church:

Lead Pastor, Fred

Cares Pastor, Janet

Youth Pastor, Jay
I tend to take notes during the service. Things to prompt me such as favorite verses mentioned and other prompters. The only one of the 3 I didn't have a favorite verse for was Jay. He told his wife he doesn't have a favorite. So, I started to write "Bible" on the bookmark, but liked just the initial (Last name begins with a "B") on it's own. All three pastors like their handmade gifts from me. :D

Since this month is nearly over, the only stitching I really have planned is the upcoming CH4TH SAL next Saturday and maybe get some work in on "Praying Hands".


     

Comments

Bev said…
I try not to have any more than three and try to alternate between each one, I've also learnt myself to crochet in the past year and, my new venture is quilting (something I've wanted to do for a long time and a quilting/sewing shop as just opened in my village xx
bonnie said…
just wanted to say thanks for the blog visit,now to get some stitching and posting done
Basia said…
The Gardeners are georgeous and you made lots of progress
SoCal Debbie said…
Hi Jules, I found your blog through the WIPocalypse SAL page and I'm a new follower! I also started the Crazy January Challenge in 2011. Then I started 31 new ones in 2012, 2013, and 2014. I like your method of stitching 1 per day the first 15 days of the month all year long. The Gardeners is really beautiful!
Emma/Itzy said…
Lovely progress on your projects, and thank you for sharing my giveaway :)
Rachel said…
You made some nice progress on those pieces last month!

Popular posts from this blog

Holi-versary Giveaway!

It's My Turn!!!

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway