WIPocalypse and Praying Hands update

Where has the month gone? Last weekend I was thinking it was time to post my WIPocalypse update and realised the month had only just begun. Now I find that tomorrow is the date to post. Well, I am a wee early as I want to post an update on Praying Hands today so I will combine the two posts. Honestly, I think the only thing I have really worked on is Hands. It's coming along nicely as I fill in the holes and finish off the first 3rd of the piece. Here is what I've got:


I also spent one Saturday working on my SAL with Joy over at A Joyful Stitcher. I previously posted on this one, but here is the latest snap again:

Other than that, not much happening in my world of stitching. I'm finding myself concentrating on one piece for the month. This seems to allow me to get quite a bit in on the larger pieces.

As to the question for the month: Show us your favorite places to stitch. I really don't have a favorite place to stitch. For a long time, I simply stayed in my bedroom on my bed and stitched there. Now that I can get some TV channels in, I find myself sitting in my daddy's recliner. Neither are comfortable and the lighting is horrible. So, I can't say they are my favorite places.

My dream is to have a room with lots of natural lighting and a big comfy chair so that I may enjoy the space while stitching. Maybe a scaled down version of one of these homes, but the top (center) room is what I'm thinking...


God willing I will have that happen in the next 5 years.

 

Comments

Stitching Noni said…
Stitching looks great!
Having a nice place to stitch works well... but sometimes you just have to be sitting and reasonably comfortable and stitching!! :o)
SoCal Debbie said…
Your winter stitching piece is so pretty! I love the idea of your stitching place in a sunny room on top of the house! Sounds perfect!
Rachel said…
Congrats on your progress! Your plan for a stitching room sounds devise.
Rachel said…
Opps - I meant DIVINE!
Marcy said…
Both pieces are lovely! Can I move in when you get your new digs??? They sound marvelous!
Scrapbrat1 said…
The praying hands piece is just breathtaking. Lovely work!

Popular posts from this blog

It's My Turn!!!

Farewell Daddy 3.8.1949 ~ 9.5.2012

Memorial Day~~~Giveaway